Time to change things up!Continue reading →
JOHNSON CITY, TN (October 22, 2019) — GraffitiSuite is pleased to announce the availability of GraffitiSuite Release 30!
“Release 30 is a monster,” according to Anthony G. Cyphers, Sole Proprietor of GraffitiSuite. “The primary focus in this release has been getting the Desktop components theme-aware so that customers can leverage dark mode on target platforms, and I think this was successful. This is, without question, the largest Desktop release of GraffitiSuite in the last 16 years.”
== Desktop Edition ==
14 new classes
– GraffitiAnimator: Easily incorporate eased, time-based animations in to your UIs.
– GraffitiCard: Display important data in a beautiful format, with a call-to-action button.
– GraffitiColors: Incorporate theme-aware coloring in your UI for Windows and macOS, or choose from pre-defined palettes like Bootstrap, Material, named colors, and more.
– GraffitiDrillMenu: Replace those tired old treeview controls with a powerful and amazingly attractive drill-down style menu component.
– GraffitiImmersiveWindow: Add dark mode support for Windows, complete with an AppearanceChanged event for both macOS and Windows.
– GraffitiImmersiveLabel: Drop-in replacement for the standard Label with added dark mode support for Windows.
– GraffitiImmersiveTextField: Drop-in replacement for the standard TextField with added dark mode support for Windows.
– GraffitiImmersiveTextArea: Drop-in replacement for the standard TextArea with added dark mode support for Windows.
– GraffitiListbox: Drop-in replace for the standard Listbox with dark mode support, menu headers, and enhanced hover effects.
– GraffitiNSImages: Easily get Picture representations of macOS System images such as NSMagnifyingGlass, or NSFontPanelActionButton.
– GraffitiOptionBox: Build a CheckBox or RadioButton that you’d be proud of with customization, or stick with the defaults for a better-looking modern alternative.
– GraffitiPagination: Give your users a better paging experience with this theme-aware, highly customizable paging control.
– GraffitiPopupMenu: A drop-in replacement for the standard PopupMenu with support for custom value drawing, multiple columns, and it’s theme-aware!
– GraffitiWall: Powerful stream-like component for displaying ContainerControls filled with info. Perfect for dashboard UIs.
32 other additions in functionality
68 bug fixes
== Web Edition ==
28 Functionality additions
73 bug fixes
2 library version updates
For a full overview of changes in this release, please visit the changelogs at https://graffitisuite.com/wiki/doku.php?id=changelogs:r30.
View the October 2019 Newsletter at https://mailchi.mp/a583c0570fa6/graffitisuite-newsletter-october-2019
GraffitiSuite is an ever-expanding set of classes for Xojo Desktop and Web targets that aims to both ease development and provide access to advanced features and user interface concepts without unnecessarily complicating your project code.
ABOUT GRAFFITISUITE SOLUTIONS
GraffitiSuite Solutions is a software development consulting firm based in Johnson City, TN, and has been providing custom Xojo development, components and solutions since 2003.
See https://graffitisuite.com/ for more information.
In Part 1 we covered the history of animating UI effects in Xojo. Part 2 we dug in to linear interpolation. Part 3 saw the addition of support for concurrent animations and color changes. In Part 4 we’ll cover easing, which can make the most drab User Interface interactions beautiful.Continue reading →
In Part 1 we covered the basic history of animating in Xojo using pre-calculated chunks to modify the width of our component. In Part 2 we went a bit further by using linear interpolation(lerp) to calculate our current width at each step of the animation process, and setup for concurrent animation.
In this part we’ll be covering a few different things, chiefly concurrent animations. But that’s not all, as I’ve added a lerpColor function to show you how to animate color changes.Continue reading →
Continuing with what we previously learned, this version introduces the use of linear interpolation to calculate the current stage of the animation at each step, plus switching to a Dictionary object for variable storage to setup for future parts in this series.Continue reading →
One of the most common questions I get about Xojo from customers is “Do you think Xojo will stick around?” Sometimes I get ahead of myself and immediately think “Of course it will”. That’s not really the type of answer they’re looking for, so I try to elucidate.
Continue reading →
Get the top developer tools and third party components for the Xojo cross-platform development platform at a huge savings with Omegabundle for Xojo 2019.
Omegabundle for Xojo 2019 is a collection of the most useful tool sets, add-ons, digital books and components for use with Xojo Inc’s Xojo development environment. If purchased separately and not including any additional offers, the total cost would be over $2,787. Omegabundle for Xojo 2019 costs $349.
Xojo is an award-winning, cross-platform development tool for the Desktop (OS X, Windows, Linux), Web, iOS (iPad/iPhone) and Raspberry Pi. With Xojo, you can create native applications by using drag-and-drop to build your user interface and then one straight-forward programming language to enable the functionality. Xojo is powerful and modern, yet easy to use and learn.